St Vincent de Paul’s Pregnancy Assistance
Are you pregnant? Are you a new mum? Was your baby just recently born? St Vincent de Paul society can help.
We provide support to pregnant women and new mothers by offering flexible and client focused service. So if you are a new mum and need help with your newborn baby, stop by on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday between 10 am-2 pm.
We keep a well-stocked supply of second hand clothing and other baby needs. Specifically we offer the following for FREE:
- Free Baby clothing (newborns 0-6 months)
- Free Bedding
- Free Cloth nappies
- Free Second hand maternity clothes
- Free Bassinet Loan
Our aim is to offer practical assistance during this life changing event, so please do not hesitate to visit and ask us for more information, a start up package or anything else we can do to ease your pregnancy or life with your new baby. All mums love our bassinet (also spelled bassinette, or cradle) loan scheme as a very simple way to start out life with a new baby. Simply get a place for your precious baby to sleep and when they outgrow it (which is faster than you can imagine!) return it to us so that we can help the next mum. We can provide further baby related information depending on your situation.
How can you help us help new mums?
- Donate Maternity Clothes: If you no longer have need for your maternity clothes, please donate your second hand maternity clothes. We would love to have your quality second hand donations which will really make a difference towards our ability to help new mums so we can continue to offer free maternity clothing.
- Donate Used Baby Clothes: Has your baby outgrown infant wear? Please consider donating your second hand baby clothes to us so we can continue to help others.
- Donate Knitted Goods: If you are a knitter, we would love to have your hand knitted baby items–they provide an extra nice touch for helping our families.
You can donate any of your second hand baby clothes or maternity clothes by labeling them “for Pregnancy Assistance” and dropping them off at any of our 7 Op Shops in Wellington.
We are currently nestled upstairs in a cozy corner of the Newtown shop. Just ask at the front and our volunteers will point you in the right direction.
Please call 04-389-7122 and ask to speak with Annette. Or Email Pregnancy Assistance for Pregnancy Assistance.To make sure that you get all the help you need, we can also point you in the direction of further support and other baby information in Wellington:
Proudly partnered with the Warehouse, Lyall Bay.